I have a great recipe that I would love to share with you... It's evolved into something beautiful!
1 pound ground turkey, defrosted
1 piece of bread (any kind will do)
1/2 sweet onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3-4 slices of Monterrey Jack cheese
3-4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
butter or oil, for sauteing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Saute onions in a tsp of butter or oil. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix turkey, garlic, onions, worcestershire, salt, pepper, 1 squirt of ketchup.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, milk and tear up bread and soak it in the milk/egg mixture.
- Pour into turkey mixture and mix together with hands.
- Fold in the monterrey jack cheese. I tear each slice into 4 pieces.
- Transfer into loaf dish.
- Sprinkle top with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup and brown sugar. Pour on the top of meatloaf.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cook for 1 hour. Let sit for 10 minutes to let the juices redistribute.
Serve with mashed potatoes and corn. Leftovers are even better! Use mashed potatoes as your spread on the toasted bread and heat up one slice of meatloaf... it's delicious!